Welcome to Pumpkin Hill.....

Welcome to Pumpkin Hill Studios, where I create in the smaller side of life, and also sell on Ebay
For more of what I sell on Ebay, visit this link at my Ebay store Pumpkin Hill Studios https://www.ebay.com/str/pumpkinhillstudios

I specialize in antique & vintage Dolls and toys, dollhouse miniatures, Barbie, Fashion dolls, fashion doll furniture, antique and vintage China, Glass, and high quality art collectibles and other unique items.


Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Soulkid Katie A. Shipped & on her way to Pumpkin Hill!

Well, my Soulkid Katie is on her way home to Pumpkin Hill! Denver Doll Emporium sent the UPS ship notice, and I can hardly wait. Right now her tracking notice from UPS says she is in Commerce City and should be here by the 17th!!I have already purchased two pairs of shoes, a pair of sneakers and a pair of Mary Janes in black.

Another thing I have been undecided on is the name for this doll, I have come to think of her as 'Katie' and might just add another moniker onto it- Katie for some reason always makes me think of Scarlett from Gone with the Wind whose full name was Katie Scarlett in the book...another name I have thought of is Lucy, LucyBell, and even Charlotte. So I am still undecided on her name, and might just go with Katie Scarlett since that is the favorite character from my favorite movie, and it sounds like it has a good ring to it...
I am already decided on my next doll, I had thought of the Dollzone Violetta, but have decided that is not the SD I want; I may go with a DZ Clovera. Violetta has a beautiful face, but there is something about her mouth that is odd, and I probably would not like her face sculpt after a while....I also like the Volks SD's too, and Souldoll SD's, which I may veer off to, or DIM (Doll in Mind).
I am looking at the ready made clothing for other dolls, and am hoping that the new BKC Ink dolls that are slimbodied and 18 inches may work for MSD's, someone on Den of Angels said that the clothing would with a little alterations. The clothing sets cost only $15 so I may go ahead and invest in some once she arrives, until I can get the clothing sets I want for her...I just do not want to buy something that will not fit well.
I am already thinking of my next bjd purchase simply because of the characters and storylines I would like to write. I have been thinking of one where Katie is the descendant of her French grandmother, which would be the same doll dressed in different wigs and period clothing....and which the modern furniture of American Girl and my line of Bespaq would fit. The other dolls would also carry the same storyline with their characters as well. Originally I thought to make this doll the daughter of the SD I want to acquire, but was thinking making them sisters might be more interesting. So I am thinking that would be really cute also, to create a schoolroom, which is another thing /diorama I would like to do, with maybe an SD dressed as a nun, for a Catholic young ladies' finishing school/academy scene.
I would really like Pipos cheese mouse, and a Puki Puki Sugar or Mary, for the dollhouses, and also to carry about to Photograph. So many wants and not enough time to collect- lol. I keep a journal of notes and storyline/diorama ideas for the larger dolls, and what dolls I would like to acquire for that...I have found the larger dolls so much fun to collect and create for.
Hopefully, I can get my MSD a costume from Arcadia dolls, I am thinking of the Regency outfit.
She will be here soon, so can hardly wait to take pics of the box opening!
~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting on my blog, I appreciate everyone's comments and will always try to answer!