Welcome to Pumpkin Hill.....

Welcome to Pumpkin Hill Studios, where I create in the smaller side of life, and also sell on Ebay
For more of what I sell on Ebay, visit this link at my Ebay store Pumpkin Hill Studios https://www.ebay.com/str/pumpkinhillstudios

I specialize in antique & vintage Dolls and toys, dollhouse miniatures, Barbie, Fashion dolls, fashion doll furniture, antique and vintage China, Glass, and high quality art collectibles and other unique items.


Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Snail Transport for Wren...

I finally finished one of the projects I have long wanted to do, but never had enough time to think it out, sketch, and sculpt. Sometimes the regular day to day grind of life can really suck all the creativity out of you.
Wren, my Realpuki SoSo, is a 'challenged' fairy as she does not have wings. I have always thought she needed some sort of transportation, for what kind of fairy doesn't have wings? In this way she is special...so I began today to play with the clay and sculpted a snail which for a first try is not bad if I do say so myself. He's a little rough around the edges, but I hope to make more of him.
He has a saddle of real leather, with real leather reins, attached to brass chains on his harness, and the saddle's pommel is made of plymer clay. I also added a little Egyptian flair with a tassel on the back of the saddle.
Wren is in love! Look at how she smiles! Now she and Marigold can deliver the mail of Finch Express more efficiently, no more walking. 








The snail also fits PukiPukis and Felix Brownies and similar sized tiny bjd's. but I think the snail is too small for a Latiwhite. 
This was my first try at sculpting the snail and I want to do more- I did this one with slays and pastels and findings I had readily in my stash.  I would love to do more snails and even birds and mice for the Realpukis.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting on my blog, I appreciate everyone's comments and will always try to answer!