Welcome to Pumpkin Hill.....

Welcome to Pumpkin Hill Studios, where I create in the smaller side of life, and also sell on Ebay
For more of what I sell on Ebay, visit this link at my Ebay store Pumpkin Hill Studios https://www.ebay.com/str/pumpkinhillstudios

I specialize in antique & vintage Dolls and toys, dollhouse miniatures, Barbie, Fashion dolls, fashion doll furniture, antique and vintage China, Glass, and high quality art collectibles and other unique items.


Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

More Jewelry creations.....

I have been creating.....and creating........shown above are some simple jump ring earrings I created. I am really enjoying the creative process of making jewelry, especially the recycling of old vintage pieces as well. My newest creation? Some thing casual and funky and vintage, out of the possibilities Mayonnaise jar that my old friend of my dads' Cherokee, gave me. He used to frequent old yard and tag sales, and would come home with all sorts of interesting findings and old jewelry.

The chain, key ring, and vintage earring all came out of the jar! The only thing I added was copper wire wrapping the key ring, and the jump ring to connect it. There were alot of onesie old clip on vintage earrings that are really just too beautiful not to be made into pendants, or a focal point for glitzy pieces. I have a couple of ideas for about three to four pieces, and think they will really pop.


And of course, here is the first piece I did, Gears turn the Wheels to my Heart, a little bit of Steampunk. I absolutely adore steampunk, and last night began work on doll sized goggles for Gracie. I want to make doll size jewelry with a steampunk theme, but the trick is finding gears and charms, and findings in appropriate scales. Also, though I do sketch, I work better 'off the cuff' so to speak. Usually that entails throwing a bunch of chain and findings on the table, then pulling out the jump rings, glue and fasteners....
Right now, I'm living a 'charmed' creative life.,...& I LOVE IT!
~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting on my blog, I appreciate everyone's comments and will always try to answer!