Welcome to Pumpkin Hill.....

Welcome to Pumpkin Hill Studios, where I create in the smaller side of life, and also sell on Ebay
For more of what I sell on Ebay, visit this link at my Ebay store Pumpkin Hill Studios https://www.ebay.com/str/pumpkinhillstudios

I specialize in antique & vintage Dolls and toys, dollhouse miniatures, Barbie, Fashion dolls, fashion doll furniture, antique and vintage China, Glass, and high quality art collectibles and other unique items.


Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Bjd's, Marie Antoinette, Hats & other things....



I haven't done much with the dolls lately, except try and finish up their colonial/Marie Antoinette inspired costumes. Poor Dorothea has been consigned every since she arrived at Christmas from Paulette Goodreau in her wizard of Oz costume, with no new clothing or even a new wig...until now. I have been wanting to take photos of them out in the yard having tea, with a real Petite Trianon type setting, but until now had not finished the hats for them. I did however, think this was a great time to show off the open book wardrobe catalog that I made to fit Gracie & Dorothea. Marie Antoinette had so many gowns that a wardrobe book or catalogue was brought to her in the mornings- she pricked the fabric swatch next to the drawing of the gown she wished to wear that
 day, then they brought in her wardrobe choices to her apartments in large baskets. This fascinated me to no end- though there is still a couple of these books in existence, I could find no images, so I made my own.








Dorothea's ensemble was really thrown together today- almost an afterthought. Her skirt was made by me, & had a matching bodice- but I have misplaced it. Her top is a Tonner camisol I got off of Ebay- in Scarlett's underpinnings. With a lavender sash it coordinates with Gracie's ensemble. Both ensembles were made using the 2008 Arcadia dolls Haute doll pattern. I still have some tweaking to do on these. I was really pleased with the straw hats, and how they came out- I have some larger ones that will fit the American Girl dolls- so I know Felicity would love a new hat to match her pink dress and her rose garden dress.






Gracie's gown was made using cotton- her slippers are made of taffeta. I have not yet finished embellishments on her slippers- need to make some for Dorothy as well. I played with the pattern a bit on this one- I think it needs a ruffle or two in retrospect. The dolls' wigs came from an artist on Den of Angels forum named Mimi who specializes in the most beautiful mohair wigs. They really soften the look on these outfits, I don't think I will ever have anything but mohair again for the bjd wigs. I am hoping to take more pics when I get a few scenes set up but not with the heat index as it has been. For now, hope you enjoy the photos and what the dolls have been doing here at the 'Patch...
~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting on my blog, I appreciate everyone's comments and will always try to answer!