Welcome to Pumpkin Hill.....

Welcome to Pumpkin Hill Studios, where I create in the smaller side of life, and also sell on Ebay
For more of what I sell on Ebay, visit this link at my Ebay store Pumpkin Hill Studios https://www.ebay.com/str/pumpkinhillstudios

I specialize in antique & vintage Dolls and toys, dollhouse miniatures, Barbie, Fashion dolls, fashion doll furniture, antique and vintage China, Glass, and high quality art collectibles and other unique items.


Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Felicity's tea table and chairs are here!

Despite some of the warnings I had received on the table and chairs and the condition some board members of American Girl Playthings forum had received them in, I was  delighted when Fedex delivered both her tea gown and the tea table set together. I only ordered because there was a 10% off code until October 3rd, and was really nervous that the tea table and tea gown would sell out quickly. I had already ordered her tea treat s and tea set- the tea set is wonderfully to scale! I am not sure I like the blue on the seats, but it looks good with the miniature carpet I have as a prop. The little picture is from the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller museum gift shop in Williamsburg- you can find these little items in the visitor's center as well. I did not know I would grow attached to the American Girl dolls since they were part buying to use for size comparison for the larger scales of Bespaq, and part a longing that I have always wanted Felicity since buying AManda, my daughter, her American Girl when she was about seven. I had always felt foolish in wanting one, but am glad I bought her now- Felicity is Pre-mattel and she is my favorite- though Rebecca I love as well. I am drawn to the historicals, and many of the members on American GirlPlaythings forum and American Girl Fans have so many cute ideas how they set up scenes for their dolls! It has encouraged me to take time out, and enjoy my collection, which lately I haven't had much time to do.
Here are some other pictures of Felicity and Rebecca, when the tea set arrived- the smaller tea table is from Bespaq, and is a nice lower table for the dolls.


I hope you enjoy the pics, and I will be trying to get some more of the dolls. I have wanted to do a scene with Rebecca in her school outfit, which is next on my scene list to stage. One of the things I have been hoping to work on is a vintage kitchen like Kit's - I have a wolverine stove and refridgerator. I have always wanted Kit, she may be my next one or a Christmas present. I have long wanted to do a 1:3 scale kitchen, and acquire Kit's stove. I collect alot of items in antique stores etc. that are doll sized and half the fun is the hunt. One thing on the American Girl playthings boards that was a god send was the small candle pies for $1 at Michaels our board member posted about- here is Rebecca with some dollar finds at Michaels- pumpkins, candle pies and some adorable jars for tiny canned foods I am going to make-


As you can see, they are perfect AG size- just remove the wick. There were apple, sweet potato, and also pecan pie, but that did not look that realistic as the apple and sweet potato. I hope to post some more awesome finds- especially in my travels and on the hunt for Felicity. One item I wanted but is retired, extremely hard to find, overly priced, is Felicity's sampler and hoop- it is unique. Like many of the other board members, I decided to create my own- again at Michael's look in the dollar section. I found this little cross stitch kit for $1, and the smallest of their hoops which ran about $1.49 and is the exact dimensions of Felicity's hoop in the retired item. Though it doesn't have a stand, I will probably stain it mahogany and create the cross stitch sampler on it for her.

I will probably also create her hornbook, inkwell, and school lesson set as well. I am hoping to acquire her desk, but that will take some planning. Enjoy the pictures of my American Girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting on my blog, I appreciate everyone's comments and will always try to answer!