Welcome to Pumpkin Hill.....

Welcome to Pumpkin Hill Studios, where I create in the smaller side of life, and also sell on Ebay
For more of what I sell on Ebay, visit this link at my Ebay store Pumpkin Hill Studios https://www.ebay.com/str/pumpkinhillstudios

I specialize in antique & vintage Dolls and toys, dollhouse miniatures, Barbie, Fashion dolls, fashion doll furniture, antique and vintage China, Glass, and high quality art collectibles and other unique items.


Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

New projects, New Directions...

I recently with the new year of 2014, looked at my to-do list, or 'goal' list of things I would like to do. I never make New Year's resolutions, but I do make a list of goals that I would like to actually accomplish. One of them, after all of my charitable organization obligations were over, was to learn to sew for not only my 1:6 scale dolls but my American Girl dolls as well. I have sewn for my Soulkid MSD bjd, Gracie, and my Sybarite, but never the American Girl dolls. Or the MY Twinn, Miss Ashton. 
This weekend I did some research in the AG Playthings Forum and especially paid attention to their Home Ec section, what patterns are easiest to learn by, etc. Everyone has raived about Liberty Jane Clothing and so I downloaded the free pattern from one of their sites called Pixiefaire. It was a cute little drawstring dress and I changed it up a bit by using ribbon instead of sewing the straps of the fabric. I have been browsing the patterns for 18 inch dolls in Hancock Fabrics and Joanns' and was a little intimated by the instructions. I have a sewing machine but have never learned to use it...I think I am backwards. I can take the doll, put her on the cloth, use a picture, take paper and 'create' a pattern from her arm, body, etc but using a regular pattern throws me, especially a commercial pattern. Sewing for the smaller dolls is easier for me than the big girls! I have downsized Gildebrief patterns from the french fashion doll size to Fashion Royalty/Barbie size but that is easy compared to sewing for the AG's...yes, I'm weird. All of my sewing is handsewn, no machine. 
But back to my project. I started downloading and getting items together and the fabric pressed, and cut out. I started it yesterday and finished this morning. It turned out better than I thought it would.





I think the dress turned out rather well. Kit looks bright and cheerful! I have missed playing with the AG's, I have three of them and they have been sadly neglected. I am hoping with more practice I can make more complicated outfits for them, as it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting on my blog, I appreciate everyone's comments and will always try to answer!